Monday, July 19, 2010

California Dreamin’ Tour – Day 2

As I lie here staring at the Pacific, I can barely get up the will to write! A beachfront suite at the Del Coronado (or as the natives call it, The Del) does not inspire blogging. It inspires a thousand mile stare and navel gazing, or perhaps more appropos to the setting, naval gazing. If I weren’t a glass-half-full gal, I’d fear that the California Dreamin’ Tour is all down hill from here, but I foresee more great adventures as Deb and I meander our way map-less up the California coast.

Did I mention that the current temperature is 67 degrees? No, I’m sure I didn’t. I also probably didn’t mention that the temperature in Yuma Arizona yesterday at 8:00 pm was 112 degrees, so California is definitely the right place for us menopausal gals.

California is a botanical wonderland, and the flowers are glorious. But I have this queezy feeling that it's all "sinner bait," luring us across the Andreas Fault till the accumulated weight shifts the tectonic plates, at which point we'll all go sliding off into the ocean. 

Forgive me, but I have to go back to staring at the ocean. At least my posts will be brief!

SueAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment