Sunday, February 12, 2017

100 Things I Want to Tell My Children And Grandchildren: #24


Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves.

I've always though that forgiveness was something we give others, and I guess it is.

But even more valuable is the gift we give ourselves when we forgive others.

Hate and anger are heavy, ugly burdens. They consume our energy, make us defensive and unpleasant to be around, and don't make anything better.

Give yourself the gift of forgiving someone else, every day.

It won't necessarily make them better, but it will make you better and that's what we all want isn't it? To be a better person for the people we love?

2 comments:

  1. Forgiveness matters. If you don't forgive, you are essentially swallowing poison and expecting the person or thing you've chosen not to forgive to die. Always enjoy your posts, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so true. Thank you for your comment Patti. XOXO

    ReplyDelete