Monday, September 6, 2021

 100 Things I Want To Tell My Children And Grandchildren, #40 

All you will ever have is whatever you are willing to settle for. 

I used to think I didn’t have things and/or life circumstances I wanted because it was someone else’s fault.  Like, if I wanted a nicer car, I couldn't because my job didn’t pay me enough. It was my bosses fault. What are the things you want and tell yourself you can’t have because someone/something is keeping you from having them? For sure we can’t control everything in our lives, but it’s a cheap excuse to blame others and not take responsibility for what we do or do not have.

One of my favorite photos of my kiddos.

Want a nicer car? Get a better job. Can’t get a better job, get a better education. I’m not an expert, but I’m smart enough to know know from my own personal experience that we rationalize not putting forth the effort to solve our own problems by blaming others.


So make a list of what you need and want, and what YOU must do to get what you need and want.  Stop lying to yourself that you can’t have what you want because of someone else. The truth is you’ve not committed to do what it takes to have those things. All you will ever have is whatever you are willing to settle for.

 

I also want to say you may learn that what you thought would make you happy, may not, but being honest with yourself, working to improve yourself, and increasing your self-esteem will always make you a happier, better person.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment